Monday, May 12, 2014

Stuck Again 05/05/14

So, today’s post is probably going to be another boring, rambling one, because I have spent the whole day doing work and not thinking much, so I don’t have a lot to write about now.

I finally got all of my stuff moved inside the house, now the problem of unpacking begins, and I am procrastinating by writing, but I need to get it done before the end of the day, otherwise I will have nowhere to sleep as it is all on my bed. So I am starting this post now in the hopes that I will get distracted by unpacking and think of something worth writing about.

I did read one thing today that really got me thinking, it was on another person’s blog, she wrote about the saying “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” and what it means or could mean. She went on to point out that people tend to see themselves in a low self-worth category, which is true, I don’t know how many times I have heard people call themselves fat or ugly, and I do it too. She went on to say that we don’t see ourselves as beautiful because we search for beauty in others, such as hair or eye color preferences. There was more to her post, but that part got me really thinking about beauty and self worth and how I see myself. My reply to her post was
“I never thought about it” (beauty) “that way before. And now that I think about it, I totally do that.” (think myself unattractive because I do not have what I prefer other people to have) “I know I prefer red hair on others, so I dye my hair red. I like my eyes because I have found that I prefer light colored eyes on other people.
But it is even more that that, I go as far as personality traits too. I like other people to have a good sense of humor, so i try to also find things funny. And I prefer others to be understanding, so I try my best to also be understanding.
Maybe people who change themselves (dying hair etc) do so because that is what they are looking for in other people as way of attractiveness?”

So now, when I see other people with dyes hair or outrageous fashion styles, or even just normal people, I will think to myself that they are exhibiting the personality traits and possibly the looks that they are searching for in other people. This won’t always hold to be true, but maybe it will help me understand other people better, which I am always trying to do.

Alright, I spent the afternoon trying to think of what to write about but it seems that when I am trying to think about a subject, all of them elude me.

No comments:

Post a Comment